Now in its 9th year, Mayor Frank G. Jackson's Sustainable Cleveland Summit is back and better than ever. Presented by the Cleveland Foundation, the 2017 Sustainable Cleveland Summit will take place September 27th and 28th at Cleveland Public Auditorium. It will bring together people from all walks of life to help design Cleveland's sustainable future. The Summit provides an opportunity to work across sectors, foster collaboration, and learn about recent innovations.
REGISTER HERE before September 11th before prices go up. You can register for both days or either day.
9 Reasons to Attend Summit 2017
Mark Tercek, Summit Keynote
Why attend the 2017 Sustainable Cleveland Summit? In honor of it being the 9th Annual Summit, here are 9 reasons that have us excited about the event:
1. Our keynote, Mark Tercek. Day One will include a keynote from Mark Tercek, Cleveland native and President and CEO of The Nature Conservancy. Mark will be a perfect fit to help celebrate the Year of Vibrant Green Space.
2. Crafting the vision for 2019. On June 22, 2019, the nation’s eyes will turn toward Cleveland as we mark the 50th anniversary of the infamous Cuyahoga River fire with a watershed event... and we need your input.
3. Help engage all neighborhoods in sustainability. In 2018 we will celebrate the Year of Vital Neighborhoods. The Summit will help us plan for next year, moving us one step closer to ensuring the benefits of sustainability are realized where we live and work.
Cleveland Metroparks' eLCee2 Water Taxi
4. The World Cannot Wait – And Neither Will We. Mayor Frank Jackson joined more than 300 “Climate Mayors” in fighting climate change. Many design areas on Day Two will center around the Cleveland Climate Action Plan update, including equity and engagement, green jobs, Cleveland Tree Plan implementation, support and recognition of green businesses, transportation, sustainability in multi-family housing, and more.
5. Informative tours, by land and water. Before the Summit on Sept. 27th, the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District will be offering insider tours of green infrastructure at Public Square. And Cleveland Metroparks is providing Summit attendees the opportunity to view Cleveland via water taxi -- the one-hour tours will highlight the industrial valley’s history, the role of the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie in shaping vibrant green space, and plans for continued revitalization.
6. Post-Game networking. Both days will feature a post-Summit reception with local food, music, and cash bar... and no doubt your cocktail will taste better knowing it's part of a zero waste event.
7. Good Ideas Shouldn’t Sit On a Shelf. This year, we are again partnering with ioby, the Cleveland Climate Action Fund, and the Climate Resiliency and Urban Opportunity Initiative to help turn your neighborhood project ideas into reality.
8. Engaging with youth leaders. As part of the Youth Sustainability Leadership Program’s 2nd year, about 60 high school applicants will be selected to participate in the Summit -- Applications are due Sept 8th.
9. The People. The Summit brings together more than 500 business leaders, non-profits, government officials, residents, and youth leaders, with plenty of time to visit with old friends and make new ones. And here’s one last teaser… all 500+ of will be needed to form a 2019 “human banner”!
If you want to learn more, check out this video of Mayor Jackson and Chief Matt Gray discussing the 2017 Summit and much more. We hope to see you on September 27th and 28th!