The City of Cleveland announces its Tree Canopy Revitalization Program. As part of this program, the City is now accepting requests from property owners for a free tree installation during the spring and fall planting seasons.
Property owners can complete an online request form to have a tree planted on their tree lawn, in front of occupied structures or sidewalk cut-outs typically found in commercial areas in front of businesses. Each location will be surveyed in person by a Field Operations Forester to ensure there are no conflicts with the surrounding infrastructure and that the site is suitable. Approved sites are then added to a list for a tree to be planted during the next available planting season. All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Tree Canopy Revitalization Program was created in support the City of Cleveland's tree planting initiative, in which he pledged up to $1 million a year to replenish the city’s tree canopy.
After making your request, you will receive an email with instructions to track your request.
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Not all requests can be satisfied immediately and some may take longer than a year to fulfill.
- Each location you request is surveyed in person by a Field Operations Forester to make sure there are no conflicts with the surrounding infrastructure, and that the site is a suitable one for a tree to grow and thrive. If a site is found to be appropriate for a new tree, we will add it to a list to be planted during our next available planting season.
- Requests can be made for existing empty tree lawns in front of occupied structures as well as sidewalk cut-outs typically found in commercial areas in front of businesses.
- You can make a tree species suggestion along with your request; however, the City Forester in charge of the planting will make the final species determination. Their primary objective is to select a tree that will grow well and provide the greatest possible level of benefits to a neighborhood.
- Trees are only planted during our two planting seasons: spring and fall.
- Urban Forestry does not plant on private property.