The Building Education Series 2016 is presented by Cleveland 2030 District, COSE, NEO USGBC, ASHRAE Cleveland Chapter, City of Cleveland, AIA Cleveland and their Building Enclosure Council.
You don’t necessarily have to replace your HVAC system. Come learn how to improve energy performance through mechanical corrections and controls without major capital investments. Our next Building Education Series event is hosted by the ASHRAE Cleveland Chapter. Here is what we will learn:
- Understand how HVAC controls are a vital part of a well functioning, energy efficient building.
- Understand how existing buildings can achieve improved energy performance without big capital investments or system replacement.
- Learn how the ASHRAE building EQ process standardizes modeling so that comparisons can be meaningful.
- Learn the characteristics of ASHRAE building EQ actionable energy recommendations for existing buildings
- Learn which types of facilities would benefit from retro-commissioning as a follow up to the ASHRAE building EQ process
- Learn to distinguish between application of the ASHRAE commissioning process and a walk-through checklist.
- Hear case studies of existing Cleveland buildings that have recently received their Energy Star certification and what they did to improve energy efficiency through HVAC and controls upgrade projects without wholesale system replacements.
ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer
Hoy Bohanon, Jr., P.E.
President, Hoy Bohanon Engineering, PLLC
Energy Engineer, Gardiner Trane
Registration and networking 7:30 AM
Program 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
2 Continuing Education Credits available for:
There is no charge to participate but register early as these events have all sold out quickly.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Google map and directions