Neighborhood Climate Action Toolkit
An Assets-Based Approach to Building Thriving and Healthy Neighborhoods in Cleveland
People power is the answer to true and lasting climate action in Cleveland. This means that a citizen-centered approach is needed to align climate action with the assets, capacities and priorities of Cleveland residents.
This Toolkit is intended to help neighborhoods and residents take actions to advance their neighborhood goals while also furthering Cleveland’s climate action goals. The toolkit includes materials and practices to help neighborhoods:
- Learn about Cleveland’s Climate Action Plan (CAP)
- Identify neighborhood assets and concerns and relate them to climate action
- Develop neighborhood climate action project ideas
- Develop a neighborhood climate action project proposal (COMING SOON)
- Approach: Learn more about the Toolkit approach, which builds on neighborhood assets and addresses neighborhood concerns beyond climate
- Tools: Download tools for each of the above 4 steps
- Neighborhoods: Learn about climate action in the toolkit pilot communities: Kinsman, Detroit Shoreway, and Glenville/University Circle
- Partners: See which organizations collaborated in developing the toolkit to date.