Earth Day Coalition proudly presents EarthFest 2013 at this year’s new location, the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, on Sunday, April 21 from 10am-5pm.
NEW this year:
• Advanced and Renewable Energy exhibit area under the Fairgrounds’ dramatic on site 500 kW wind turbine and Energy Education Center. Attendees will learn first hand about exciting initiatives in our region as well as home products and conservation methods that utilize advanced energy sources, minimize emissions and maximize efficiency. Additional exhibit areas will include Clean Transportation (with Ride-and-Drive), Local and Sustainable Food, Green Home Improvement, NEW Lawn & Garden, Health and Fitness, Community Works and Family Fun.
• Families will have a fun-filled day with exciting activities, music on a number of stages, and a petting zoo with urban farm animals.
• Guests will enjoy microbrews, all-day chef demos and a huge selection of healthy local foods from Cleveland’s food trucks.
• Listen to great music and the best of Northeast Ohio bands on 12 “Party with the Planet” entertainment stages booked by students enrolled in Cuyahoga Community College’s Event Production and Management course.
• Ride your bike to EarthFest, park at the Ohio City Bicycle Co-op valet station at the Bagley Road Fairgrounds entrance and get FREE admission to EarthFest
• Take walking tours of Baldwin Wallace University’s solar, wind, composting and green building installations led by students from the university.
• Visit the regularly scheduled flea market re-purposing event, which will take place on the Fairgrounds during EarthFest, and receive a dollar off admission to EarthFest.
Renew your Earth Day Coalition membership today and receive free admittance to the Very Environmental Persons (VEP) area catered by Nature’s Bin at EarthFest!
Admission: $3 ages 2-11; $5 ages 12+; FREE under 2 or for anyone who rides and parks their bike at the Bagley Road Fairground entrance.
Presented and organized by Earth Day Coalition since 1990, EarthFest is Ohio’s largest environmental education event and the longest running Earth Day celebration in the nation.
Exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities are available. Call (216) 281-6468 or visit www.earthdaycoalition.org for more information.